PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS BEING FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY #20 (DHA) FOR ACQDEMO BUSINESS AND TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT CAREER PATH (NH)
Public Notice Number: PEOAVN-DHA-1109-21-0060
Opening and Closing Dates: 20 July 2022 through 27 July 2022 (11:59pm CT)
Position Title: General Engineer. Multiple positions may be filled using this Public Notice
Full Performance Level: NH-04
Duty Location: US Army Acquisition Support Center, Office of the Program Executive Office, Aviation (PEO AVN), Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Salary Range: $115,599 – $176,300
This position is subject to the NH-04 salary control point at the GS-14 step 10 salary ($150,278).
Work Schedule: Full-time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Start Date: On or around 11 September 2022
Relocation: Relocation (PCS) expenses are not authorized
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% Temporary Duty Travel required
Who May Apply: U.S Citizens, nationals, or those who owe allegiance to the United States.
Basic Qualification Requirement:
In addition to meeting the specialized experience qualifications below, your application package must reflect the applicable experience to meet the Individual Occupational Requirements for the 0801, series as listed below:
A. Degree: Engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor’s degree in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by ABET; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. -OR-
B. Combination of education and experience – college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. Professional registration or licensure – Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT)1, or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board’s eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing engineering positions.
2. Written Test – Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)2 examination or any other written test required for professional registration by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
3. Specified academic courses – Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in the basic requirements under paragraph A. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program as described in paragraph A.
4. Related curriculum – Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience, e.g., in interdisciplinary positions. (The above examples of related curricula are not all-inclusive.)
NOTE: Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes serving as a technical expert within the Program Executive Officer (PEO) organization on software engineering, modeling and simulation, horizontal technology integration, vehicle architectures, battlefield interoperability, and other combat vehicle technical/engineering focuses; providing expert technical and managerial advice in these fields to PEO and Program Manager (PM) leadership; conceiving new concepts and approaches to resolve highly complex engineering problems that cross organizational boundaries and interfacing extensively with multiple PMs to execute PEO level actions and to facilitate PM level taskings. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-13). Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this position, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
A. Serves as the technical expert within the Program Executive Officer (PEO) organization on software engineering, modeling and simulation, horizontal technology integration, vehicle architectures, battlefield interoperability, and other combat vehicle technical/engineering focuses. Provides expert technical and managerial advice in these fields to PEO and Program Manager (PM) leadership.
B. Conceives new concepts and approaches to resolve highly complex engineering problems that cross organizational boundaries.
C. Interfaces extensively with multiple PMs to execute PEO level actions and to facilitate PM level taskings.
D. Required to resolve sometimes controversial engineering matters into individual solutions that support and benefit both the PM and PEO mission and objectives.
E. Plans, tasks, coordinates, and directs work performed by other core personnel, matrix organizations, contractors, and other Commands or laboratories.
F. Advises and furnishes consultant services to the local technical staff on all phases of research, development, and management engineering activities. Consults with other technical experts in specialized areas when required.
G. Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of the engineering aspects of solutions to technical/engineering problems.
H. Works closely with other PEOs, DA, and industry to coordinate common initiatives. Leads or participates in IPTs established to manage technical/engineering initiatives and work on common problem areas.
I. Represents the PEO and associated PMs at high-level conferences and meetings with representatives of the Defense Department and private industry on technical matters relative to development, production, and engineering aspects of assigned programs.
J. Develops presentations for support activities and/or higher headquarters to summarize results of actions against predetermined plans, the current status of plans, progress, deficiencies, and outstanding accomplishments.
K. Develops organizational plans to support of evolving PEO mission and objectives
L. Performs other duties as assigned
Conditions of Employment:
1) Must meet suitability for Federal employment
2) Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
3) Will be required to serve a 2-year probationary period
4) Direct Deposit of pay is required
5) This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 25% of the time.
6) Must possess or be able to obtain and/or maintain a Secret security clearance duration of employment.
7) This position requires a Financial Disclosure Statement OGE Form 450 and annually thereafter in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R.
8) This is a Critical Acquisition Position.
9) This position requires a 3-year tenure agreement. Must sign DD Form 2888 (Critical Acquisition Position Service Agreement) and execute, as a condition of employment, a written tenure agreement.
10) This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectee must meet position requirements for Practitioner Level II Engineering certification within 24 months as of entrance on duty. The certification completion timeframe may change from 24 months to 60 months upon approval of the DoDI 5000.66, change 3.
11) Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
12) Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
13) Additional Requirement for CAPS: In addition to the certification standards and CL requirements applicable to all AWF positions, CAPs have additional requirements that must be met before assignment. Information pulled straight from DODI 5000.66
• Highest category of certification in the applicable functional area, except for Program Management, which requires practitioner or higher category certification.
• Incumbent must execute 3-year tenure agreement,
• GS-14 or equivalent/O-5 level or above
• 4 years of acquisition experience
How to Apply:
Please send an e-mail to: [email protected] containing the following:
– Resume that includes must include your first and last name, current address, current email address, current phone number, job title, employer, duties, and accomplishments; as well as hours worked per week and dates of employment
– Transcripts that include the date your degree was conferred. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application purposes, however Official transcripts will be required if selected. Diplomas are NOT acceptable proof of graduation.
Please submit all documents in PDF or Word format, preferably (not required) saved as “Last Name, First Initial – Document type,” i.e., “Doe, J – Resume”
Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 27 July 2022.
Please Note: Application packages that are received after the closing date, do not contain resume and transcripts, and resumes that do not contain all of the required information or are submitted in unreadable formats, will not be considered.