As a Principal Consultant you will be assessing client needs and utilizing technical expertise to identify solutions which are in alignment with CRD’s current design. Act as subject-matter expert in the analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of solutions to meet client expectations. In addition, to simultaneously manage multiple technical initiatives on multiple projects including the installation of n-tier software to DR/HA design.
Why this job is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform – State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
• Oversee the day-today operations of client engagements and lead projects to completion within scope and SOW.
• Gather, analyze and communicate solutions to both clients and internal teams; including strong technical solution design skills from presales to implementation, providing detailed assessments and recommendations.
• Direct and provide guidance to less experienced consultants on implementations and identify opportunities to allocate resources as needed. Demonstrate advanced understanding of Charles River Investment Management Solution (CRIMS) and technical proficiency in one of the following solutions: Infrastructure, Performance Tuning, Development, Advanced Configuration, Trouble Shooting and Integration.
• Exhibit strong technical solution design skills from pre-sales to implementation of client solutions by influencing design with concrete facts and proven results in order to maintain system integrity for both client and CRD.
• Ensure engagement team identifies, documents and drives project resolutions for project issues.
• Mentor team of consultants assigned to projects.
• Partner with CRD’s sales teams in order to contribute to sales presentations and proof-of concept projects; analyze and evaluate client requirements to demonstrate the potential of CRIMS; design prototypes and proof of concepts that best fit the client’s needs.
• Build effective working relationships within CRD and with clients, manage difficult situations and influence key decision makers.
• Strategically solve problems by recognizing long term solutions across multiple projects.
What we value
• Ability to program using Java, C#
• In-depth knowledge of at least one of the following RDMBS: Oracle, MS SQL Server or Sybase
• Detailed knowledge of several of the following technologies: Tomcat configuration and optimization, N-tier application architecture, SOAP/XML Messaging software (MQ Series, Tibco, MSMQ, Sonic MQ and Open JMS) Kafka
• Knowledge of ETL Tools such as Kettle and Talend
• Batch Automation tools : Tidal, Control-M, Windows Task Scheduler
• Familiarity with Windows and Unix (Solaris and Linux)
• Familiar with at least one SCM (Subversion or Perforce a plus)
• Design and execute technical training for clients.
• Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently and also has the strong desire to work as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated practical, hands-on, “can-do” approach, and the ability to work efficiently and creatively
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Flexibility with schedule and ability to work beyond regular business hours
• Demonstrated ability to client face with hands-on approach at highest level of an organization both internally and externally.
• Experience with Azure and Snowflake
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities
• Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to achieve results without close supervision
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Batch Automation tools : Tidal, Control-M, Windows Task Scheduler
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
A BA/BS degree in a business or technical field including Finance, Economics, Engineering or Computer Science.
• A minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in the Financial / Software Services industry (Financial market information systems background preferred)
• The ability to travel to client sites throughout the United States and Canada as well as the ability to work effectively when remote from clients. Travel of 35%-50% is typical and but may exceed that in any given year.
About State Street
What we do: State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow: We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers
$125,000 – $200,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.