VillageReach works with governments to solve health care delivery challenges in low-resource communities. Our programs focus on increasing access to quality health care at the last mile, or the point at which services are delivered. We develop and implement new ideas and approaches to ensure vaccines and medicines are available, increase the capacity of health workers and ensure they have access to data to improve health. Our work improves the lives of more than 58 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach is headquartered in Seattle, WA with offices located in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi and Mozambique.
The Development Assistant is a key member of VillageReach’s growing fundraising and business development team, and provides administrative support for development-related activities. Duties for the Development Assistant will include oversight of all donor data and management of the donor database, gift processing and acknowledgements, support for annual and special fundraising campaigns, researching prospective individuals, assistance with donor communications and customer service, planning and implementing fundraising events, researching and supporting technology upgrades. Reports to the Director, Development.
This position is fast-paced, dynamic and integral to the smooth operation of our organization. The ideal candidate for this role should possess excellent time management skills, attention to detail, and have strong communication skills to ensure delivery of impeccable donor services. The ideal candidate sees opportunities for organizational and systems improvements and takes initiative to develop creative solutions. This position provides flexibility: there is the potential to work a 32 to 40 hours week and occasionally support additional tasks or projects for other teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Act as steward for Salesforce database: maintain data integrity by ensuring that all information is current and accurate, act as point-of-contact for all Salesforce questions, and work with staff and Salesforce Consultant to improve Salesforce functionality.
- Process donor gifts and acknowledgements, ensuring accurate tracking of donor information in the donor database and excellent donor stewardship.
- Provide accurate reports on a regular and as needed basis
- Work with the accounting staff to reconcile monthly giving revenue to the general ledger
- Work with IT and Communications teams to upgrade Salesforce, upload content, and integrate with other organizational systems such as Mail Chimp
- Assist with donor communication as the first point of contact in the Development Department
- Assist with donor mailings and create and manage donor mailing lists
- Provide support for the Development Team in scheduling meetings, taking notes, documenting donor engagement activities and communication
- Conduct research on individual donors and screen donors for giving capacity.
- Research and help implement new technology tools to support fundraising development activities, such as donor prospecting software, giving platforms and donation processing tools.
- Maintain external donation sites (e.g. Network for Good, Benevity, JustGive, Charity Navigator).
- Assist the Director of Development with planning, preparing and executing on fundraising events
- Undertake special projects as requested
Competencies: The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- A.A. or B.A. or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience in fund development or office administrative support
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Donor database or CRM experience; Salesforce experience is a plus
- Commitment to VillageReach’s organizational values and mission
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups
- Strong sense of curiosity
- Knowledge of global health or international development preferred
- Prior nonprofit work experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices. Employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our Seattle office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am.
This position is based in Seattle, WA.
Approximately 90% of the workday is spent sitting. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until hired. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to our online portal: http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent. The range for this position is $20.05 per hour to $23.46 per hour. We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history
Annual Salary range: $41,700 to $48,800
How to apply