Port of Seattle
Seattle, WA, USLocation:
Mon, Jul 25 ’22Posted on:
Design Quality Manager (001074)
Location: Downtown Seattle
Organization: Design Services
Employee Status: Regular
Posting Expires: Jul 26, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
Minimum Salary: 100,589.00
Midpoint Salary: 125,715.00
Some of what you’ll be doing:
Applications will be reviewed regularly and interviews may be conducted while accepting applications.
In this role, you will manage the Port’s design technology quality control systems as a member of the Engineering/Construction Services Department. This includes managing Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) quality control staff, the Engineering Document Management System (EDMS, “Engineering Archive”), the Guide Specifications, and other design support systems.
- You will provide leadership to quality management systems for design technology at the Port that supports capital development, asset management, and facility ownership and use.
- You will manage and supervise staff to include BIM Specialists and Standards Review Technicians.
- You will manage the development and implementation of BIM support systems, including data storage, data access, and model management.
- You will manage the finalization and implementation of CAD and new BIM Standards for the Port, including internal staff and external consultant usage. This includes managing compliance checks, guidance, training, and support for project teams.
- You will lead CAD and BIM design technicians in support of the review of internal and external project for standards compliance and archiving.
- You will manage design technology records via the Engineering Document Management System (EDMS), a.k.a. “Engineering Archive”.
- You will manage supporting design quality control systems, including Guide Specifications and quality control procedures, templates, and libraries.
Who you are:
Two years of experience may be substituted for one year of education:
- Experienced – You have ten (10) years of design technology experience in the design and construction of major facilities to include the use of both AutoCAD and Revit within the building industry. You also have two (2) years of experience supervising staff in the design technology field.
- Educated – You possess an Associate’s degree in Building Information Technology or the completion of a relevant technical trade school program.
- Desired – We hope you have twelve (12) years of design technology experience and five (5) years supervising staff in the design technology field. Additionally, we hope you possess a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or a related field.
- Committed to Equity – You will apply equity and exemplify shared values, behaviors, and practices in all aspects of the work. At the Port of Seattle, equity is a daily responsibility and a foundational expectation for all Port employees.
- Engineering Technology Expert – You have extensive knowledge of design technology systems, including AutoCAD, Civil3D, Revit, Autodesk Docs, and Navisworks. You also are well versed in industry design development and construction practices, including methods, standards, and compliance related issues.
- Strong Leader – You are a well-established leader that embraces developing a large, diverse staff of professionals. You know how to motivate and bring groups together to achieve goals with a focus on collaboration and innovation.
- Great Communicator – You know how to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing to various audiences and both technical and non-technical staff. You are skilled in pulling in the right people to enhance collaboration and gain buy-in as needed.
- Adaptable – You have the ability to think quickly and critically, analyze issues and present innovative solutions to problems.
What else you need to know:
- Work Schedule – Your normal work schedule will be Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (40 hours per week). Slightly more flexible start and end times are available in this role.
- Work Environment – This role will be primarily conducted remotely in accordance with the Port’s Flexible Work Arrangement policies during the Covid-19 pandemic. It may transition to a hybrid working environment both in an office environment and remote in 2022. Occasional travel to local facilities may be required.
- Washington State Residency Requirement – Employees must establish a residence in Washington state within 30 days of their first day of employment and must maintain a residence in Washington State during their employment with the Port of Seattle. If a position is eligible to telework, work performed while teleworking must be performed in Washington State.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement – Effective, November 15, 2021, the Port of Seattle will require that at the time of hire, and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be able to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination status, as part of the hiring process. This is a condition of employment for all positions at the Port of Seattle. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Prior to employment, candidates may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
- Security Requirements – As the successful candidate, you must pass a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) background check as well as a criminal history background check with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Your employment will be contingent upon obtaining a Port of Seattle ID badge upon clearance.
- Security Requirements – As the successful candidate, you must obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) within the first three months of employment.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Healthcare – Medical, Dental, and Vision Care with options that work for you and your family.
- Paid Vacation – Generous paid vacation to rest and rejuvenate.
- Holidays – More than ten days per year to celebrate with family and friends away from work.
- Pension/Retirement Plans – A pension and additional savings plans to prepare for your future after the Port.
- Getting to Work – From subsidized parking and a low-cost public transit card to alternative work arrangements giving you an opportunity to work from home.
- Parental Leave – Six weeks of paid leave to spend with new additions to your immediate family.
- Development – From tuition reimbursement, training, stretch assignments and internal internships, we support a learning culture.
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion – The Port of Seattle values diversity as a source of innovation and strength. We are actively working across the organization to create a culture where all employees – regardless of race, gender, and other identities – succeed and reach their fullest potential.
- Work-Life Balance – We provide the resources to help you create habits to be healthy and balanced.
- Mission Driven – We are focused together in promoting economic opportunities and quality of life in the region by advancing trade, travel, commerce, and job creation in an equitable, accountable, and environmentally responsible manner.
** Please note if your position is represented by a union, please reference your “ Collective Bargaining Agreement” or call your Union Representative for specific information related to benefits and eligibility.**
Why the Port of Seattle:
Every role at the Port of Seattle is vital to our thriving community. We are a leader in moving people and cargo across the country and around the world. With facilities and property ranging in scope from a half-acre park to one of the largest airports and container terminals on the West Coast, we maximize the public assets in our portfolio with an eye toward best uses and environmental sustainability. Find out more here.
Our vision is to create a Port that mirrors – throughout its breadth of operations and services and within its leadership – the diversity of our communities, instill principles of equity into its culture, and ensures a fair and intentional distribution of opportunities to expand economic develop and quality of life for all in our region. Find out more about how our values RAISE us up and our commitment to equity.
Interested parties should apply by clicking on the link below: